- This event has passed.
Colonial Beach Urban Trail Ride Along the Waterfront
October 28 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm$35
Enjoy a leisurely group walk through the beautiful, historic community of Colonial Beach with breathtaking views of the Potomac River and Monroe Bay. The ride, which is all on asphalt, will be 6 miles, and will last approximately 3 hours with a brief rest stop half way. Fundraiser to benefit the Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Department.
Parking opens at 11:00 am at the Colonial Beach High School, 100 First Street, Colonial Beach, VA 22443. All riders must be mounted for a trail safety meeting at 12:50 pm. Urban Trail Ride begins promptly at 1:00 pm.
• Maximum 75 riders, pre-register only, first come, first serve, no refunds.
• $35 per horse & rider.
• All riders will stay with the group, no riding ahead of the designated trail boss or behind the drag riders.
• Swimming of horses and riding on the beach is not allowed.
• No stallions, no dogs, no drugs, no guns, no alcohol, no bareback riding, no riders under 15, and any rider 15-18 must be accompanied by a riding adult.
• Red tail ribbons are recommended for kickers.
• All riders are required to wear a helmet and appropriately heeled riding footwear (no sneakers).
• Please bring water for your horse and pack out all manure & hay from the high school parking lot.
• Current negative Coggins and Waivers are required.
This ride will encounter cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses, golf carts, dogs, pedestrians, flags, and a variety of other typical city sights and sounds. If you or your horse is not of the temperament to handle these types of situations safely, it is advised that you do not participate in this Urban Trial Ride. Participants exhibiting dangerous or disrespectful behavior will be asked to leave.