Photo: Chris Militzer
Fifty years ago, the “Virginia is For Lovers” slogan was established, becoming one of the most beloved and well-known slogans in the world. Starting the first day of summer, Friday, June 21, until Saturday, August 10 (50 days later), Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) is celebrating that LOVE–and so is Colonial Beach!
CBVA’s 50-day campaign includes events, programs, special offerings from local businesses, including:
- Monroe Bay Winery: Special “50 Years of Love” wine glasses with the Virginia is for Lovers and Colonial Beach partner logo, along with a “Wine Lovers” tasting menu for $50.
- Denson’s Grocery and R&B Oyster Bar: “50 Years of Love” wine and beer glasses, promotional stickers, and koozies.
- Colonial Beach Discount: Selling “50 Years of Love” t-shirts, koozies, and stickers (while supplies last.)
- The Boathouse Marina: Selling “50 Years of Love” t-shirts as well as free weekend stay for Boaters (during specific weekends.)
- BAMM (Beach Art Music Mentoring): “50 Years of Love” merchandise passed out at summer events (while supplies last.)
- Riverview Inn: Each room will be have a small goodie bag with 50 pieces of chocolate candies.
- Pretty Pets: Every dog that comes to get a haircut, bath, and/or nail trim will receive a bandana with our partner logo.
- Riverboat: Special $50 dinner menu for 2.
- Colonial Beach Yacht Center: 2 for 1 singles or 50% off tandem kayaks for any ½ day rentals.
- Dockside: Buy 2 entrees and receive a ½ lb. of steamed shrimp.
The campaign was made possible thanks to a $10,000 grant awarded to the Town of Colonial Beach by VTC.
Whether you want to sit on the beach, relax by the water or listen to a live band with your friends, CBVA is a great tourist destination for all! Come to Colonial Beach, Virginia, and discover what you LOVE!
Be sure to tag us in your social media posts! Click here to see a list of our social media accounts and use the hashtags #visitCBVA, #50YEARSOFLOVE, #LoveVA, and #LoveCBVA.