Photo: Bobby Hooker, Hooker Studio
Colonial Beach Bikefest 2018 is happening next week! With so many local businesses and community groups joining in on the fun, it’s hard to keep track of all that’s happening around Town. But we are trying! Here, we are compiling events in and around Town during Colonial Beach Bikefest 2018. Check back often as we update frequently!
Colonial Beach Bikefest 2018
From Thursday, October 11 to Sunday, October 14, more than 20,000 visitors are expected in Town to attend this year’s Colonial Beach Bike Week 2018, a free, four-day event where motorcycle enthusiasts gather to enjoy live music, bike shows, special events, vendors, food and drink and more.
Official Colonial Beach Bike Week events are held on Town Hill and the Boardwalk, in downtown Colonial Beach, but many businesses throughout Town hold special events, as well. Visit the Colonial Beach Bikefest website https://www.colonialbeachbikefest.com/ for the official schedule of concerts, events, vendors, sponsors and more.
Music headliners (performing Friday and Saturday evening) include:
- Buckcherry, hard rock band from Los Angeles, known for hits such as Lit Up, Crazy Bitch, Sorry, Everything.
- Artimus Pyle Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd Southern rock tribute band fronted by its namesake, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and former Skynyrd drummer, Artimus Pyle.
- Longreef, Australian rock band who has shared the stage with Bush, Stone Temple Pilots, Seether, Taproot, and more.
Additional official events include:
- Kick Off Ceremony with 98 Rock Baltimore
- Skills Competition
- Wounded Vet Appreciation Ride and honor ceremony
- Bike Show
- Weightlifting Competition
- Stunt Riders
- Vendors selling food, beer, wine and merchandise
- Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Department will sponsor a Bike Fest BBQ Ribs or Chicken Dinner
Steve “Coach” Swope will be on Town Hill and the Boardwalk daily, fundraising for the Torrey Smiith Rec Park. NFL Carolina Panthers wide receiver Torrey Smith has generously pledged to help fund the development of an outdoor recreation park in his hometown of Colonial Beach, providing the local community invest in its own future by raising a portion of the proceeds. Coach Swope will pose for fun $5 photos, raffle tickets and a 50/50 raffle, donations, Commemorative Brick & Sponsor Forms will also be available.
Around Town of Colonial Beach
Local businesses and organizations are joining in on the fun, with special events scheduled throughout Town:
- American Legion Colonial Beach Post 148 opens to the public all weekend long. On Friday, the Legion hosts a Sheriff’s Department escorted ride from Quantico Marine Corps Base at 11 am to Post 148 social quarters, arriving approximately at 12 pm. A ceremony honoring veterans will be held at 1 pm. Sunday, there will be a motorcycle show, with judging from 10 am to noon. Awards ceremony following at 1:30 pm. $20 entry fee.
- Colonial Beach Artists Guild‘s Second Friday Art Walk occurs at Museum at Colonial Beach, Artists’ Alliance at Jarrett Thor Gallery, “VISIONS BY SHIRL”, Dockside Realty, Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce and more.
- UPDATED!! Colonial Beach Brewing is releasing its second lager–an Oktoberfest–Wednesday! Josh and Ralph in the Parlour, performing Friday, 8-11 pm. Potomac River Dixieland Trio in the Parlour, Saturday, 7 pm.
- Denson’s Grocery & R&B Oyster Bar has special hours Thursday-Saturday serving ‘Lunch Only’ from 11 am to 2 pm.
- Dockside Restauarant & Tiki Bar welcomes Pete Barker, Spike & Dorothy, The Janitors, Ted Garber, Grindin Gears, Yoko Says No, Sam Grow Band, Huntley and Taboo, throughout the weekend. Dockside’s regular weekly specials and others, will also be in effect: Thursday: Happy Hour 5-7 pm, Tiki Taco 3 for $5 Beef Tacos 6 pm, Blind CornHole Tourney 6:30 pm; Friday: $.50 Wings & Happy Hour 5-7 pm, James River Brewery~Steal the Glass, Tap Takeover 6 pm; Saturday: $3 Mimosas & Brunch 10 am, CornHole Tournament TBA, International Bikini Team Contest TBA; Sunday: $3 Mimosas & Brunch 10 am.
- Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie #4315 welcomes the public to performances by All American Band on Friday and Southern Persuasion, Saturday, 8 pm to midnight.
- Hall’s Supermarket: Swap Meet will be held Thursday – Sunday, 11 am – 5 pm. Big O Bike Shop and Smokey Bottom BBQ, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Food, raffle prizes and 50/50 each night to benefit the Fairy Godmother Project.
- High Tides on the Potomac and The Black Pearl Tiki Bar will host no less than 11 bands during Bikefest, including Longreef, Big Gavel, Melodic Drive, Josh Miser Band, Diamonds n’ Dirt, Blues Rebellion, Cedar Creek, C.B. Wy, Rock Bottom, Soul Patch, Danny Kensy and JD Roberts Band. An All-You-Can-Eat Biker Buffet will be offered Saturday and Sunday 9 to 11 am.
- Riverboat on the Potomac: Classic Rock band Legal Action performs Friday and Saturday, 8 pm. Cameron Ashton, Saturday & Sunday, 1 pm. Food and drink specials will also be available. Book signing with R.L. Myers, author of Unforeseen and Wanton Aggression, Saturday 1-4 pm.
Near Town of Colonial Beach
- 60th Annual King George Fall Festival. This year’s theme: Dancing Through the Decades!
- Colonial Beach Dragway: Land Of The Hurricane No Prep will be held Saturday, 8 am. Billed as the “Baddest No Prep On The East Coast”, with a range of payout/entry fees.
- Monroe Bay Campground: Roadducks will be playing 4-7 p.m.
- Oak Grove Baptist Church is holding a Fall Harvest Party of clean, family friendly fun with carnival games & food, music, and prizes. Saturday, 2-5 pm.
- The Red Barn will hold a Big Outdoor Yard Sale with special sales from sellers outside and 40 booths inside. Saturday, 8 am to 1 pm.
- Stratford Hall hosts Fall Colors Kayaking on Saturday, 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Enjoy the beautiful fall foliage while paddling down the Potomac River. On Sunday, theatre group The Rude Mechanicals perform the 18th-century play The Rivals! This rollicking 18th-century play is a romantic comedy by Richard Brinsley Sheridan, produced and published in 1775.